Nickel Allergies

We, at Medic Assist, pride ourself with the fact that ALL our jewelry is NICKEL-FREE! Why? Because, “Nickel allergy is one of the most common causes of allergic contact dermatitis – an itchy rash that appears when your skin touches a usually harmless substance.”

Nickel allergy can affect people of all ages. It usually develops after repeated or prolonged exposure to items containing nickel. Treatments can reduce the symptoms. However, once you develop a nickel allergy, you will always be sensitive.

The symptoms of nickel allergy usually begin within 12 to 48 hours after exposure, and may last two to four weeks. Symptoms usually only appear on the part of the body that was exposed to the nickel, but may appear elsewhere on your body. Nickel allergy symptoms include:

Rash or bumps on the skin
Itching, which may be severe
Redness or changes in skin color
Dry patches of skin that may resemble a burn
Blisters and draining fluid in severe cases

In our 25 years, Medic Assist has never had anyone complain of allergies due to our jewelry. We have regular Customer Service calls and emails exhibiting excitement due to the fact that our medical jewelry is Nickel-Free. It is very difficult to find.  Our customers love our  Medical Alert Watch,  Medical Alert Bracelet, and Medical Alert Necklace .  Not to mention, they can save your life.  Medical professionals are trained to look for identifying jewelry or cards.  Visit our website at www.medicassist.com and see all of our Medical Alert Jewelry.  Remember that all of our jewelry is Nickel Free.

About these ads
This entry was posted in Allergies, Conditions, Testimonies and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s